Sunday, November 20, 2011

Alvinisms 1318

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."

-Jerry Chin

Thought of the day: Yippeee, first post of the trip. The internet in the airport is slow so bear with me as I post a few pictures of the trip during my long layovers.

Food for thought:
Hot open-faced chicken sandwich smothered in creamy mushroom gravy.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz
 
Yeah it took me a while just to get there.
Not only was the monitor touch screen but it gave me a controller to play games and had the best movie selection I've ever had.
The story of my layover life.
By far my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in.
That's my bunk on top. Remember my facebook post of the guy who bike from Alaska to Ushuaia and is currently going back? Yeah, That's pretty much all his stuff below me besides his bike. Daaang!
Andes to the north, Beagle Channel and Drake Passage to the south, Pacific to the west, and the Atlantic to the east.
There were tons of different sized soccer fields scattered throughout the neighborhoods.
Ushuaia is definitely a tourist trap knowing that to get to Antarctica or be in the "southernmost city in the world" you have to go through it. It is much more expensive than San Diego.
Hence the modest dinner of a street milanesa and a bag of chips which still ran me about $13.
Mayo bags. Win.
I spy Willys Workshop representing. Look towards the bottom.
Apparently Argentina has plenty of microbrews too and I set out to try all the different beers I could.
Not to mention that I ate breakfast and lunch buffet everyday and dinner...I've but on a tad bit.
But still managed to run run/jump rope 7 times on the boat. But it's no way enough to counter our food intake.
This is Flu, she's from France and works at La Posta. She is good people and friend I had to see again before I left.
And this is Archie. He has tons of stories and we had a good time sharing mind puzzles and views of the world. One thing I love about hostels is that you generally find open minded people with different backgrounds and unexpected surprises.
www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: