Monday, October 31, 2011

Alvinisms 1311

"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart."

-Phyllis Theroux

Thought of the day: Wooohoooooo! I officially will be getting my 3rd diploma and certified to be a Montessori Primary Head Teacher as well as an Montessori Elementary Head Teacher! All my hard work to finish before I leave has paid off and now I'm left w/ just anticipation and joy.

Alas I can write more about what's going on and what will happen; too bad I'll be leaving and won't have very accessible internet for a good 2-3 weeks but oh well!

 Food for thought:
Cinnamony apple cider cookies filled with gooey caramel.  

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz
 
For the longest time Fets and I have talked about going to the place called The Yellow Deli that's farm to table and is in a tree house. Notice it's daytime when I pick her up.
By the time we get there (deep Valley Center) it's hella darkness thanks to no street lights. But to our sadness it was closes so we went to the flagship spot that's open 24/5.
The spot in Valley center is the one where you eat in the tree house. Next time for sure!
You have to drive about 15 miles in darkness to get there.

The spot in Vista is still really nice. It's hacienda style and everyone is super nice.
We've studied the menu a few times already before coming.
Fets and I got to catch up on our drive. I heart my foodie friend.
We made it! Can you see the excitement in her face! Bwahahaha!
Okay so the pictures are low quality cuz the food came out fast and we were ready to grub! She got banana milk and I got papaya mate.
Cranberry cashew salad: craisins, cashews, havarti cheese, peppers and tomatoes.

Holy honey buns Batman! These are good!
The Deli Rose: Roast beef, corned beef, hot peppered cheese, provolone, onions, tomato, special sauce on an onion roll. Don't forget the chips that come that are just tops!
The Deli Lamb: Lamb, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, special sauce on an egg roll. Delish!
It's funny to say but the place is really well...cute. And its homely. It's clean. It's inviting. It's quite amazing and I think everyone should give it a try.
Plenty of seating inside and out.
Who doesn't love spiral staircases and dumbwaiters!?!
It's all good.
Laurel aka Fets.



You can say it's pretty much hippie-ish. But it's all good. Trust. All good.

Always and adventure w/ my adventure buddy.
www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: