Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Alvinisms 1212

"He who postpones the hour of living rightly is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out before he crosses."

-Horace (65 BC - 8 BC)

Did you know: East Antarctica is colder that West Antarctica because of its higher elevation.

Thought of the day: Ah the last of my Alaska trip, pictures just don't do it justice and neither do videos. All I can really say is I hope someone takes the randomness and just goes to go and has fun no matter what circumstances come up, who they go with, or whatever happens. It's truly a radical place even w/out Iditarod or the Fur Rondy. Rochelle or Drew if ya'll really do choose to move up, holla atcha boy!

Food for thought:

If you didn't vote yet please do. They're in 5th place right now.



OR HERE! The winners will get some start up money. Thanks everyone.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


The remnants of a good time.

Last day here and I chose to leave my book w/ the hotel. All the staff were really friendly from the cleaning folks, front desk, or drivers so I hope one of them pick it up and read it.

I'll miss waking up seeing snowcapped mountains. Then realizing I'm freezing and need to get back inside.

They removed all the snow from the streets already from Iditarod.

Balto.

After the madness of the Iditarod and Fur Rondy the locals really chilled out and were even more talkative. I met this lady while shopping for souvenirs who had a dog that would tilt it's head when you whistled.

I love breakfast foods and this place was super awesome. I looked it up online but there are none in San Diego. Sad face.

It was heaven. Now I wonder how much more awesome it would be on Texas Toast.

I learned something about strip malls in Alaska, not sure if it's the same in the rest of the cold states. But all the stores are connected by doors inside so you can go through all of them w/out going back outside. Pretty neat if it's a super snowy day.

Ah the airport. Thank you trusty laptop, good books, and funny people to pass the time.

I always like to kick off my shoes (given my feet don't stink) when I can.

One day I swear I will buy something.

Back at Humpys, but the airport this time. I finally had their Midnight Sun Amber Oosik. It was my favorite beer of the whole trip. Nice.

Alaskan King Crab Nuggets: Alaskan King Crab, blended w/ fresh herbs and bread crumbs, flash fried and served w/ a garlic aioli.

Humpy's. The only place that was eaten at twice.

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

This bagel is dipped in tomato sauce and topped w/ mozzarella before it's retoasted. Hell...to...the...yes!

I'm back home baby! Cafe 56 for brunch w/ my ride.

Thank you Rose! It was good to catch up w/ you and I appreciate the ride. Loves!

Yes. Yes it is.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: