Thursday, March 24, 2011

Alvinisms 1213

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."

-Harry Emerson Fosdick (1878 - 1969)

Did you know: Alaska boasts the lowest population density in the nation.

Thought of the day: It's been a really long week. One more week of work then it's spring break for me and my LA trip to find new hiking trails, biking trails, and surf spots. Thanks in advance for letting me crash at your pads friends!

Food for thought:

Toasted hazelnuts, dark chocolate and fresh vanilla nougat.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


I finished these three books while in Alaska. Here's my take.

1) Stumbling Upon Mowgli: It was a bit tough to start but once his trip to Mexico took off so did the book. It really made me wanna just pick up and go and his friend seems like a combination of my own. If you like the beach and freedom from a corporate world you should like this book.

2) Red Riding Hood: It was on sale for $10 bucks and the movie was coming out so I wanted to read first. Also, I like when books take a twist on what we think we know already. Red Riding Hood defs isn't the fairy tale you're thinking of and I sure hope the movie is a good as the book. This book was the easiest to finish out of the three, a for sure page turner.

3) No I'm changing my religion or anything, I just like reading comics. Hahaha. Plus I don't see nothing wrong w/ seeing the world in different perspectives because it gives you a better respect for others and a broader view of things. This book was fun and the story is interesting. But if you wanna read up on it I'd recommend the book below.
This book is super sick, not just because of the rad story but the art is just amazing. Sanjay Patel did art for Disney and the work he put into each and every page is truly remarkable. There's a great balance between simplicity and complexity. You can look at one page and just say "wow" and then stare at the detail and execution of just one corner. I read the book but was inspired by the artwork.

Now I'm in the process of reading this book. Oddly enough I picked it up at REI. It combines two of my favorite things: traveling and nice people. I'm no idiot when it comes to travel and I steer clear of trouble, but I do like to find adventure and random fun. Most often that's where my funnest stories come from and I'm thankful to have encountered many acts of kindness of strangers.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: