Friday, October 29, 2010

Alvinisms 1152

"Abuse a man unjustly, and you will make friends for him."

-Edgar Watson Howe (1853 - 1937)

Did you know: Anteaters prefer termites to ants.

Thought of the day: So Allan and I have been chatting a bunch about many things from life, politics, school, family, travel, etc. And he's taking an epic journey that one day I'd like to do myself but in a different way, with different goals, different places, whatevs. He's going to India and then hiking his way through the Himalayan mountains on the way to base camp. The one and only "Base Camp" that really everyone knows about. Mt. Everest. Epic, I told you.

His journey and adventure alone is enough to spark the wonderlust in me but it also made me think about my habits for saving for trips. At the moment I put a tiny amount to several trips at once from each check and put the leftovers in as well. Well, lately I've been laying low and have been putting in bigger lumps in order to get to my goals sooner while keeping my head down and living a quieter, simpler life.

Not as much to blog, shoot, or write about but right now it's exactly what I need.

Food for thought:

Cumin scented shrimp w/ fire roasted tomato chile sauce on creamy chevre, poblano and sweet corn grits.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


I haven't bought a new board in a while but when I saw this series (The Last Laugh) of boards from Creature I knew I had to at least cop the team boards. it's too sick featuring some of our most famous, infamous, and deceased comics.

Known for designing things w/ a green tint and a slightly more dark feel. The series gives "Everyone's a comic" and "The last laugh" a new look that is just awesome. Everything about is appealing to me.


I would have bought them all but it's would've been too much and have started another hobby of collecting even more rad boards. Here's what individually they would have looked like. From left to right: George Carlin, John Belushi, Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kinison, Chris Farley, and Don Knots.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com

No comments: