Monday, September 27, 2010

Alvinisms 1134

"Throw out an alarming alarm clock. If the ring is loud and strident, you're waking up to instant stress. You shouldn't be bullied out of bed, just reminded that it's time to start your day."

-Sharon Gold

Did you know: A large swarm of desert locusts (Schistocerca gregaria) can consume 20,000 tons (18,160,000 kilograms) of vegetation a day.

Thought of the day: Just do it. Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today. Go w/ the wind. Phrases like these may be cliche, but that's for a reason. Obviously people like it, people believe in it, it may even help people. Nothing wrong w/ that.

It's like pop music. What's wrong w/ popular music. Just because a million other people enjoy it that means it can't be rad or decent?

Ah well, I guess I'll just go back listening to my random shuffle of Taylor Swift, Prince, Suicide Machines, Alister, Bone Thugs, Foo Fighters, etc etc etc...

Food for thought:

Grilled Buffalo chicken sandwich w/ crumbled gorgonzola on a jalapeno cheese bagel. Yum, yum and double yum!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


So one day I drop Toe-Knee off at the train station and finally decide to stop in this little shop that has always caught my eye.

It took me by surprise when I went inside. I felt like I traveled back in time.

Jars of stuff I couldn't read, weird meats and cheese, and tons of random products.

If you've seen Half-Baked, it reminded me of a...BO...DE...GA.

This is the best I could find of the clip. Too bad they didn't take the whole scene w/ the words.

So the people and product here are from Eastern Europe. They let me try some "borsh" after chopping it up some.

But I wanted to try their sandwiches w/ weird cheeses and spreads. Pretty dank I must say. Even if I don't know what some of it was.

It's pretty cool to have little dinner by yourself in a place that makes you feel like you're far away.

And in another time.

If you live like I do and just "go w/ the wind" don't pass up on little things like this. Sometimes you might just find something you never knew you were looking for.

Thank you to Mama Vette for coming back from Boston and bringing me the most heavy duty shot glass I own! That was very thoughtful and I appreciate it very much.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: