Friday, August 13, 2010

Alvinisms 1115

"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."

-George Burns (1896 - 1996)

Did you know: Ants cannot chew their food, they move their jaws sideways, like scissors, to extract the juices from the food.

Thought of the day: So my other teacher has been in India for the past weeks and I've been running the class all by myself. Needless to say we've been doing a lot of different activities and even changed the classroom up a bit. It is taxing when the classwork and activities are set up only by myself but it's worth it when the kids are really into a lesson. (Pats myself on the back)

Food for thought:

Pocket munchies.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


My first time to the horse races. Is it me or does it look like I have old man hands?

Perfect day at the races.

Good times w/ Brian, Cheryl, Ben, Allan and Ildi.

The races were packed because of Zenyatta.

I picked a winner! A whoppin $2.50. Hey, it was my first time. I had no idea what to do.

Look who I ran into.

Patron Jamie?

Allan and Ben trying to make an educated guess.

Chris works at the races so he showed us the best things to do. Since it was packed, no VIP for us.

The infield is pretty chill at the races.

I thought Padre fries were garlicky. These were intense.

I ordered and artichoke sandwich not realizing there was no meat! But it was still dank!

You know what was one of the best parts? There was a chili cook off! Free samples of everything!!!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

1 comment:

Mama said...

Your posts always make me hungry.

Luckily I'm stuffing my face with good ol McD's. Not nearly as yummy but it will have to do.

I wish we still lived in SD so Alyssa could go to your school. She'd love Mr. Alvin!!