Thursday, October 29, 2009

Alvinisms 962

"Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills."

-Minna Thomas Antrim

Did you know: Los Angele's full name is El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula.

Thought of the day: What happened to Halloween? Did the Grinch forget which holiday he's supposed to steal because its seems like every year this holiday is dwindling down to a few costumes and candy. Thank God I work at a school where kids keep it real and enjoy the festivities. I guess the real question I have is what happened to Trick or Treating?

I know w/ all the weirdos and creeps out there it's much safer to do something other than wandering the streets but that is exactly what Halloween is about right? I'm all for safety though, so can we walk w/ the kids, maybe even behind them a little if they're older and embarrassed of old uncles and parents going trick or treating w/ them? I just think trick or treating in your hood is an essential part of Halloween.

Maybe I had too much fun back in the day that I want my nieces or other kids to have the same experience. It just seems weird to have the streets empty on Halloween and the trick or treating to be done in the mall.

But you know what, its up to the kiddos. Wherever they have the most fun is where Halloween is. Because fun is the spirit of this holiday. Have a fun and safe Halloween.

Food for thought: Return to Tajima below!!!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Preez and I were in a big rush to make it to our show so no time for an infamous AE shot.

We went to the new Tajima because they have everything the old one does plus some new stuff.

They have sushi here unlike the other. This is the Tajima roll. I think we were a little overzealous in ordering our food.

If you've never had shabu shabu, you're missing out. Quick boil the meat then dip in deliciousness. Aaaaaaamen.

One of the best est est Disney movies ever created.

Their character designs were so creative that half the time you're just admiring them.

A simple desert sun was prolly one of my favorite backdrops. Not to take away from the wildebeast stampede or the "elephant graveyard".

You gotta hear Rafiki sing! This lady got some pipes!

Yes, Pumbaa and Timon are done justice. They were hilarious.

My recommendation, try sitting on the floor level because the animals go through the aisles.

Lionesses are hot!

Showdown between Scar and Mufasa.

Is anyone gonna dress like this for Halloween?

Not only was Zazu charismatic but so was his puppeteer.

The circle of life.

Party safe my friends.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: