Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Alvinisms 961

"A danger foreseen is half-avoided."

-Cheyenne Proverb

Did you know: Istanbul, Turkey, is the only city in the world located on two continents.

Thought of the day: FYI, this may get a bit geeky.

So my point and shoot is basically for my Alvinisms, keeping memories and whatnot, not necessarily for artistic purpose or blowing things up to poster size so keeping that in mind I'm settling a lesser quality photo for more versatility. Knowing that I'm jumping into the waterproof PNS (Point N Shoot) game w/ low expectations.

I bought the Pentax w80 because it take an SD card which I have extra of compared to the Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 which takes an xD card which is more expensive, harder to find, and I don't have to buy one yet. This way I can play w/ the Pentax without having to buy a new memory card. What did I find out?...

I dislike the Pentax. The screen is extremely grainy and I thought it'd be fine if they came out regular on my computer but lo and behold they were almost just as bad. Mind you, I expected lower quality but not like this.

The video which I seldomly use but do sometimes is even worse. Not gonna get into it; consider it useless.

The feel of the body just isn't quite right. It feels like a toy, easily breakable (though it's built to be tough, and the buttons don't feel comfortable.

It's also kiddie mode. Instead of offering different ways to adjust your photo, it gives you like 25 settings that you don't use. It's less freedom and more constricted to what they think you'll need.

I'm gonna go w/ the Olympus for now and just use the internal memory to shoot around and get a feel for it. If that fails; I'm going back to the Canon sd780is and perhaps one day I'll put in for waterproof housing. Too much to think about for now and I'm also trying not to think about the money I have use to buy another one.

Food for thought:

Cold weather means hot chocolate at night.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Sorry Pentax, after a night of shooting you're being returned.

Sadly I'm not going to be here but you know it's gonna be crackin!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: