Sunday, March 08, 2009

Alvinisms 752

"A hunderd years from now it will not matter what my bank account was ,the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."

-One of those inspirational posters w/ the picture, big word and fancy quote.

Did you know: My mom once told me the cure for a stomach ache is to rub a wooden spoon against your tummy and drink flat 7up. I believed it. But I did feel better!

Thought of the day: On Friday I truly felt like a great teacher. The kids were loving the presentation, they were smiling, learning, and after it was all said and done...they still kept talking about it. First graders and kindergarteners learning about sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous rocks. Imagine that.

I got this list from Fatch's blog. It's pretty gnarly of where comic books have gone nowadays. I remember reading all the number 1's (mostly the Marvel's cuz I was a Marvel/Image guy no DC or Valiant) of these and now they're movies! Nerdo time!
Silver Surfer (2009) Luke Cage (2009) Ghost Rider 2 (2009) X-Men Origins: Magneto (2009) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) The Hands of Shang-Chi (2009) Thor (2010) Sub-Mariner (2010) Ant-Man (2010) Nick Fury (2010) X-Men: First Class (2010) The Flash (2010) Green Lantern (2010) Deathlok (2011) The Avengers (2011) Spider-Man 4 (2011) The First Avenger: Captain America (2011) Superman: Man of Steel (2011) Doctor Strange (2012) Iron Fist (2012) Cloak & Dagger (???) Black Panther (???) Daredevil 2 (???) Hawkeye (???) The Prowler (???)

Food for thought:

A fifteen inch deep-fried hot dog topped with jalapeƱos, habanero chili sauce, coleslaw, diced tomatoes and a mound of cheese.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz



ABDC Season 3 Finale from "5Dtv" 5&A DIME on Vimeo.
Check out the video of my boy Toe-Knee of the Wildboyz doing interviews at the latest season of America's Best Dance Crew.

Some of us Willys Workshop employees got together to put Willys Workshop even more on the map. Pictures courtesy of Orrie.

Of course we needed a little brain food. Fuddruckers is sooo nice to provide us w/ a grip of cheese.

We had the back end all to ourselves so we could brainstorm w/out distractions.

But when you have Baby Alvinism aka Junior and a bunch of goofballs all together its always a fun time. Who wants to learn how to take of their own grip!?! You should!

The bike is pretty rad...but if you think of it, it'll look like you're humping a skeleton. Weird.

Talk about compact. Doesn't it look like a bike Dr. Seuss would draw? I think it's awesome.

I'm no artist but when I lost my camera I remember losing a picture of when Joe "Iggy" Ignacio and I hit up Tajima & Adult Emporium. So here's my rendition of what the picture looked like.

And you all gotta watch this movie when it comes out. It features some mine and your very own friends from the dance world: Shaun Evaristo (Gen2), Mike Song (Kaba), Aimee (Gen2), Lando (Boxcuttahz), Tony Tran (Kaba), Mike Fal (Gen 2), Hok (Quest), Victor (Quest), Althea (Entytii), Britney (Entytii), and more...
*I'm proud of you Freezers!!!


www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: