Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alvinisms 727

"The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it."

-Plutarch (46 AD - 120 AD)

Did you know: I used to have a disease in my left knee called osgood schlatter disease.

Thought of the day: There are a lot of sneaker heads out there but I for one am not but I do wish I still owned a lot of my favorite pair of skate shoes. I may not know much about Dunks or Jordans but I do about skate shoes! If you skated in the 90s you'll recognize these shoes as gems. Fuuuuuuuddggeee!!! Why did I skate all of them!

I know I'm prolly missing a few gems so if you got a suggestion lemme know!

Food for thought:
A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, all wrapped in bacon. OMG. I'm not saying its delicious. I'm saying it the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

Before the Berrics or Laka there were Eric Koston's pro models for Es. Top 5 shoes of all time.

Yes I know these were heavy, clunky, now ugly, but back in the day everyone had a pair. Not my favorite but you can't escape Dave Mayhew's pro model for Osiris.

Awww damn!!! I know this is Edwin's favorite pair. Guy Mariano (now on Lakai) rocked Axion in his heyday. We used to break behind the Design/Mixed Media class during lunch and Edwin and I would gawk at Limzer's shoes and wonder why he was breakdancing in them.

These shoes were legendary as well. Before inner loops were invented, rubber ollie spots, Circa Shoes, or Supras; Chad Muska rode for Es and these were the frontline of all skate shoes.

The teardrop that changed the world.

And of course, my favorite. The Etnies Sal 23. Not only because they were my first shoe but they were actually handed down from Sal Barbier himself. These shoes are so ill they were resurrected, collaboed w/ In4mation and still sold out w/ the quickness.





www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

1 comment:

JAYCINISTA said...

anything wrapped in bacon is delicious.