Sunday, October 19, 2008

Alvinisms 624

"Here's looking at you kid."

-Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca)

"Louis, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

-Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca)

"We'll always have Paris."

-Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca)

Did you know: Humphrey Bogart's wife thought him and Ingrid Bergman had something going on off camera because of their amazing chemistry onscreen. But there wasn't.

Thought of the day: I know why they call classics "Classics". I've watched two films that were deemed epic movies and boy was I not let down. I love the booms, explosions, nudity (ha!) and special effects of today's films but watching these movies makes you really appreciate human creativity. I'm talking about the movies, "The Seven Samurai" and "Casablanca".

While watching Casablanca I was hearing all the famous quotes that you hear but never know what context they're used in. I finally understand where they come from and why they are so popular and often used.

Also when I watched the film I was amazed by its acting, script, screenplay, directing, and absence of booms, bangs and boobs. This was just an amazing movie from start to end that made me appreciate how great these frontier directors, actors, and producers were before the era of special effects. I highly recommend watching this film. It's not 3.5 hours long like Seven Samurai, its only 1 hour and 40 mins so its also and easy watch.

Food picture of the day:

Poppy Seed Crusted Scallops, Avocado Puree, Cherry Salsa

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: