Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Alvinisms 613

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

-Anonymous

Did you know: I want to change the world.

Thought of the day: Every now and then you hear a story that touches your heart and last night this one touched mine. I had my Alvinism all set up but I decided that this is was more important to talk about and something people should hear or read first.

I hope by now you figured out that I don't want to just use my Alvinisms to show drunk pictures or recap my days, but I do hope that in someway sometimes someone will pick something up; like good quote to help them w/ their day, a picture that makes them smile, a thought that provokes their own. I hope that sometimes when I write these long (emo sometimes) posts that someone will read it thoroughly and understand what I'm saying.

I was watching ESPN's E:60 when they showed a special on a person, Brian Kajiyama, w/ cerebral palsy and his love and devotion to University of Hawaii football. He CANNOT walk and he CANNOT talk. Maybe it's the love of the sport that connected me to him, maybe it's my ever-growing urge to help others, or maybe its just an awesome story; but it touched me.

The fact that he's been stuck in his wheelchair for his whole life and talks w/ a keyboard all the while continuing to devote much of his time and effort to a football team shows guts and the fact that he has a sense of humor shows amazing character. I always believed laughter and a positive attitude can get you through MOST things. But one thing that stood out to me about this guy is that he adapted to his situation. He said that he had to find a way to turn negative into positive and that's something I can relate to and think we call can improve on. Happiness, courage, determination, and many positive things are contagious; let's be vessels of that.

I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of other amazing stories out there in the world; and that's what fascinates me. We live in our little bubbles oblivious to a lot of the good and the bad things in the world. We might not be able to reach out and touch everyone but everyday we have opportunities to do something, maybe something great. And I guess writing this widens my eyes to trying harder to reach out to not just my own life; but someone, anyone, everyone's, maybe yours.

Alvinism of the Wildboyz


This isn't the video that I saw on ESPN but it was all I could find until something amazing happened. Watch this and then move to the next video.


I can't believe I found this. Originally it wasn't on youtube but when I was about to post my Alvinism, someone put it up a couple hours before I finished this post. It's nothing big, but it is a huge coincidence. It's like God's way of saying he wanted me to show the world this.


Heroes can come in many shapes and forms.

Thank you for shining a little more light on my life.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: