Saturday, September 27, 2008

Alvinisms 609

"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place. "

-Billy Crystal

Did you know: The lifespan of a taste bud is 10 days.

Thought of the day: Its 7:16 a.m. in the morning on a Sunday and I'm awake. Wanna know why? Well I just had the most awesome dream. It combined the best of my worlds, both the Wildboyz and family and my Fullerton family.

I was sitting next to Vince; and J. Lim was across from me. Rose was laughing really loud at the table behind me and she was sitting next to Ro. Rhoda was checking the bill w/ John Abas and Jeff. Bree, Mel, Bonnie, George, and Emily were at the bar drinking Hef. Edwin and Mario were playing pranks on people and I can't remember exactly what everyone else was doing. But I do remember taking a moment to appreciate everyone being there. Sorry if I didn't name everyone but that would be too many people.

Sometimes in real life I do that, I'll just stop and think about everyone and everything around me, the surrounding that make that moment, and the memories I've had, and the exact memory that I'm making right then and there.

Only like 3 people know this but Imma share it w/ the world now and I'm not even sure anyone will read this far. But when I really cherish a moment, I stare at my feet. Its because at those times I know I'll never take those exact same steps again. That at that exact moment in time, THAT something will live in my life forever and it's happening right there. So I stare at my feet and take in everything and put those steps and everything around them into a happy place in my mind.

Lemme share one of those memories w/ you from each family. One was my freshman year of high school and most of us at the time went to Disneyland, I mean "parents dropping us off" style. Back in the day if you could get everyone together (remember this is pre-cell phone era) for anything it was huge. This was old school like TJ was w/ Cheryl back then and only Edwin, Steve and I were the only ones even thinking about skateboarding back then. Stone Cold Steve Austin was just getting cool times! So I was soooo happy to be around my best friends and I remember us walking back to the car on main street and I was just staring at my feet while stepping on the trolley/train tracks. I believe this was the first time I did it.
Another time was my last year of dancing on a team. It was when I was w/ Mavyn and we performed in downtown San Diego on the rooftop of a building. Dancing got me through college and has always been a big part of my life ever since. So when I knew I was graduating and would make my move back down to San Diego, dancing would either stop or be but on hiatus. But no matter what, Team Millennia and Mavyn will always be my heart when it comes to those things. I knew that when we were blocking on the roof and I took a minute to look around at the people I love and then at my feet on the stage and appreciated every moment.

I could talk for hours or type for days about living in the moment, appreciating your past, or keeping hope for the future but I won't. You should stop reading pretty soon and do it yourself. Just writing this makes me happy that I even do Alvinisms cuz it reopens a lot of my eyes and especially helps me remember my drunk nights! Ha! Love you all my friends. Thank you for making this far!

Food picture of the day:

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: