Friday, May 23, 2008

Alvinisms 515

"If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up."

-J.M. Power

Did you know: The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.

Thought of the day: Ah yes, sometimes you need one of these...a night off. It's something I've chosen not to do because I like going out but wow this is nice. I don't feel like I'm burdened to go out or handle the things I'm doing but I'm doing them because I feel like it when I want to. And to be honest time is going by slow and I love it. Cleaning my room, playing w/ my skateboard, looking at bodyboards, handling my teaching stuff, handling some online returns, hating the Padres, catching up on Naruts and Bleach, reading and just relaxing. Nice free night.

Check out the interview of shop rider and friend Jimmy Cao in this interview.

Something funny that happens in my house is that sometimes I see my dad gardening or working or just chillin, but then I look at what he's wearing and...yeah it's my clothes. I don't care because he at least wears only my old stuff but its funny when your pops wears Zoo York, Birdhouse, Crooks N Castles, and Willys Workshop.

-Al-vin-ism of the Wildboyz


After work I went to Fridays for a meeting and I ran into Brent and Cara Araneta. Old neighbors and like big brother and sister to me. I love you guys and will keep your family in my prayers.

I'm finally growing up. Maha is helping me start my retirement thingie and I'm glad that its going with someone I trust. I'm a big boy now!

Later I hit up Min Sok Chon w/ Jerel, DJ, Tina, Thuy and some of their friends. Some soju later I think I lost my spine or neck that's why I'm slouching.

Oh man, for the longest time I thought it was "Mik Sok Chon" not "Min Sok Chon". Whoops.

Ah yeah!!! Nothing gets you back on the board like...a new board. I only replaced my deck and trucks but hello Matt Mumford Slave deck size 7.875. I spy Hoey Inc stickies and Power stickies and Workshop stickies to come.
Raibyn, Ryan, Willy, Fatch, Kimtan, Edwin, Ollie, Neill, JR, Ronnie, George, Erwin, Eric, Glen, Toe-Knee, TJ, and myself maybe someone or two I didn't mention? Boyz night out!

Garlic Parmesan wings are dankage yo!!! Daytonas, these, and the super hot ones are my favs!

200 free wings and $200 worth of beer. Guys night out is always fun.

The Prince, Orrie, and the Local Hero choppin it up.

Neillage, Laguns, and Ray J watching Deeetrroiittt basketball!

Eric is sleeping, Er loves beer, and Kimtan's ears really look like Yoda!

Raibyn and Ryan of Illis in the hizzy! And you can't miss Mr. Willy Santos. Check out www.willysantos.com

This summer I'm adding a few things to my "to do" list. One of them is to get back into bodyboarding. Nothing gets you back in the ocean like new board courtesy of Elemenohpee. Thanks B!!! Who's down to frolic in the waves!

www.alvinisms.blogspot.com
www.willysantos.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.wbz4life.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: