Thursday, October 25, 2007

Alvinisms 368 Emo one.

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.""

-Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Did you know: If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

Thought of the day: So its been a few days and most of us and our friends are safely in our homes, sleeping in our own beds, and trying to move on to our same lives. But for some, there is nothing. Just a few mememtos stuffed into a car, just the clothes on their backs, just the family on the phone. Preez and I took a drive through RB on Thursday and what we saw really opened our eyes.

Not to take away from this catastrophe; but could you even now start to fathom what kind of disaster Katrina was? I mean honestly, they couldn't even get ready or have time to gather their precious things. And on top of that, who knows if those things would survive and let alone come away w/ their lives.

Everyone was effected this week, evacuated or not. Just remember not to be too ignorant or stubborn w/ things you say cuz it really could hurt someone. Life always has it's twists and turns and sometimes it'll throw a big ass obstacle at you; like this one. But there are always your friends and family. Watch out; as if this Alvinism wasn't emo enough it's about to get a little more.

Anyhow, as most of you know I grew up w/ no family here in America. Only, mom, dad, Alan, Grandma and I. So after my brother got married and had kids it was a complete shock to me to try to understand what a extended family was or meant. How do I treat my sister in law or whatever. Do I call his father in law "Uncle" or "dad" too? For real, I was in a real bunch and for the longest time, I've been in this cloud of oblivion of what family was. Being evacuated from my house and then my bro's and finally settling in at his mother-in-law's place opened my eyes because I no longer felt awkward, I felt like they accepted me completely and I was finally completely comfortable. Thank you. And to my friends. Thank your for being my comfort. Toe-Knee I know I could crash at your place almost anytime, and at a time like these past few days; I knew I could count on you to take care of me. I appreciate you friendship and your openness. That is what I'm talking about; there are so many friends here and there that I know I can turn to and I want to say thank you. Thank you for all the calls, the texts, the emails, the messages, the comments, the prayers. Thank you. Just know you can always count me too no matter what the cost. You are my family. God bless. Peace. Love. Faith.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Do you remember the tree that fell on the car? Here it is minus the tree.

This is the closest I've ever gotten to the President or someone really high up there; unless you count that Vanessa was the Vice President of the ASB.

State of Emergency. It sure ain't cops and firefighters anymore. These dudes were telling me I couldn't go home.

But I'm more than thankful that I have a home to go home to.

Reporters galore at Rancho Bernardo; sad faces everywhere.

Each one of these speaks a thousand sad words.

You can't drive 2 cars; one of them is gonna have to be sacrificed. More sadfaces.

The saddest part of driving through was seeing the families standing in what was once their home.

Remember to count your blessings everyday.

Come out to Excelsior on Saturday and don't forget to donate. It goes to a good cause you know some of it goes to one of our closest loved ones.

Fire can never take down faith.

Everyday brings a new sun, a new life, and new opportunities.

www.alvinisms.blogspot.com
www.wbz4life.com
www.mavyn.com
www.willysantos.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: