Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Alvinisms 366

"What did one gay fire say to the other gay fire?"

"You're a flamer."

-PJ's away message

Did you know: Astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin ate roasted turkey from foil packets at their first meal on the moon.

Thought of the day: Monday morning started off w/ a phone call from Preezy at 6 a.m., watched the news and packed till 730, then waited in traffic to get out of Del Sur and headed down to my bro's house. Find out there is another fire by his place so we cut that out and head to his mother in law's place. After waiting and watching TK, Althea, Demi and I head to Fashion Valley where we watch Gone Baby Gone. Good movie. Go back home, eat, wait it out. Next day, more fires, even closer to my brother's house, buy groceries, go to TK's to sleep.

Overall its been a troublesome, worrysome, long and slow week. I really like spending all the time w/ my nieces but it drove be crazy to stay indoors for like 48 hours. Thank you to April for giving us the heads up cuz it would've been anther hour and a half before I woke up and then another 30 minutes before I went outside and realized it was deserted.

Down south it was gnarly cuz everyone looked like a hoodlum w/ a bandana over their face and half the dudes w/ bald heads. Thank God for the winds letting up allowing the choppers to drop water, cuz w/out them my bro's house would've been gone. My prayers go out to the evacuated families and to those who have lost their properties and/or anything, you know who you are. God bless and take care.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


My dad left work so we could go back to the house. This isn't night time snow, its frickin' 11 a.m. and that's dust flying man!

We could barely see down the street. Not cool, it was windy and hard to navigate, I did not want to stay long.

Tuesday morning: The Harris Fire left me some gifts.

Gangsta's!?! Or was I walking around outside and my niece was playing hide-n-seek blindfolded?

If I hada nickel for every ash.

You can't see it but there was the Spring Valley fire just over the hill, and to the right is Mt. Miguel; the fire was on Mt. Miguel so his house was being attacked from both sides. Thank you to all the people who helped save his and his community's house.

Lotsa people came out to watch and see if their homes would make it.

Just before I left to go to TK's.

The good thing was I really got to hand out w/ my families and free food from the parents!!!

www.wbz4life.com
www.mavyn.com
www.willysantos.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: