Monday, March 05, 2007

Alvinisms 260

"We can be bitter or we can get better."

-Father Rusty at Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Did you know: You can lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.

Thought of the Day: On Sunday, I went to mass w/ my mom and then we spent the day at Michael's, Target and finally eating at Subway where I ordered a footlong so I could have some dinner or breakfast but ended up eating the whole thing. I guess that just happens when food is in front of me.

But what I was really getting at was that it was one of the few or only times that my mom and I spent out together. You see, my family never has dinner or goes out unless there is an occasion. We all get along fine but we don't know much about what is going on within our own lives. Just yesterday I came to the realization that my dad was gone for pretty much 3 years of my life and I never really noticed. I guess that is why my love for my friends is so great. I've always turned to them and they've always been there. Its not like my dad ran out on us, he just was stationed in Texas and life was moving fast for me and I failed to notice that he wasn't there that much. But no worries cuz I still love him and my fams. Anyhow, my mom continued to tell me stories like how he'd drive to Long Beach for 2 years, 5 days a week, all the way from Daygo, waking up at 3 to make work. So here I am complaining about my 6.5 hour job that is 25 minutes away. Shame on me. You know, every so often you realize how much people do for you and that you want to do that same or more amount to them and others. So here's another Lent thingie I'm adding. Just look on the bigger and brighter side and be a better person. Giving up chocolate isn't making me a better human being, but being a better friend, family, boyfriend, etc. will.

Oh and Sunday night we watched Zodiac.........good movie but..., long, not much of an ending, not that scary, you don't get to solve as much as I'd like. I give it C-.
Peace. Love. Faith.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

-Music & Lyrics, I owe you.

Here are some weird Japanese inventions I found on Gizmodo. Enjoy!

This is a 360 degree camera setup. Uh...cool idea, but you look like and idiot and might be struck my lightning. The funniest part is how you look at the photos after!!! Ha!

This is actually kinda nifty. But if they were Macguyver, all they'd need were the paperclips. Actually, just one.

Not really sure what these do, but I'm guessing they give you bug's eye view of the world. I think it's actually cool, just pray no one punches you in the face though.

This invention would be drastically improved if you had a straw to your mouth and there was another bag on the other side that collected your urine so you can go as you walk.

the Japanese should have left the Swiss alone. Tsk tsk tsk.



The end is the best part! Watch the whole thing!

www.wbz4life.com
www.mavyn.com
www.willysantos.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: