Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Alvinisms 1327

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."

-Lewis Carroll

Thought of the day: Wow, this is it. The end of the Antarctic posts (besides my food and books one), the end of my trip, and moving on. Truth be told, coming back to school and reintegrating myself in to the classroom has easily taken my focus. Shoot, I haven't even printed out any of my photos yet. Well, it's been fun, I loved it all, and I'm looking forward to the next adventure. Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's why it's call the present.

Food for thought:
Fresh spaghetti, prawn, la quercia speck, and shellfish cream sauce.
-Alvinism of the Wildboyz
 
It's crazy to have so many of these (and more) whale bones lying around.
This giant behemoth is just a pup!
Bridge to nowhere.
See! This was just a portion of a rib.
Looks like a seal got to this poor fella.
Adelie penguins are officially my favorite of penguins, they are the craziest.
I love rocks. One time I stared at one for 2 hours. True story.
I was here.
Things amazing w/ this picture. 1) It's rare to see baby elephant seal pups 2) That's not the father it was just a youngin trying to get the female to mate. 3) The penguin just strollin through.
Hell yeah son!
I did it!
Some of the Filipino staff bidding us farewell.
Edward and Rich.
Rich, Cliff, Trish, and myself.
Susan was our expedition leader and super awesome.
Pilar was a super cool stewardess. Sorry for bombing the toilet...it was Richard. Bwahahahaha!
This is our friend Isa. He's on a yearlong trip touching all 7 continents on one go.
If you're lucky and a ship doesn't sell out you can catch a steal.
One of the stairways in my last hostel. No railings. Dang.
Simple and quaint.
Check out the old school keys. Straight out of an old school book!
You only imagine locks like these.
My time killing set up. Net, videos and scotch. Followed by a meal and a nap.
A very unique room too.
A hostel out of someone's tiny house. Chill and a wee bit creepy.
My view in the day.
My view at night.
Kids have fun w/ everything.

Check out the size of this sandwich!
Since my lay overs were so long they gave me free meals each time. That juice was the best thing I drank the whole trip.
This is the best condiment that goes w/ everything!
Self explanatory.
I miss these people.




www.alvinisms.com

www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: