Sunday, November 06, 2011

Alvinisms 1315

"My father used to say, 'Let them see you and not the suit. That should be secondary.'"

-Cary Grant (1904 - 1986)

Thought of the day: Finally met up w/ Richard. Nice to be able to speak complete English w/ someone after a few days of Spanish. Glad that I got it under my belt though because traveling w/out a bit of the native tongue could be quite tough I'd imagine.

Food for thought:
Toasted ciabatta sandwich with melted brie, bacon and thyme.  

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz
 
When you think of Clairemont you usually think of Asian food. But on the way to Tajima or Crab Hut I've always passed this spot and wanted to try it out.
So finally Leo, Rose and I said eff it and went on in. We were expecting something similar to Godfather's Pizza and whatnot.
Lo and behold it was a hoity toity fancy restaurant. The ones with old Italian male servers dressed in tuxedos that put the napkin on your lap for you. Daang!
Their house lentil soup was one of the best soups I've ever had! It was almost like a chili, but with tons of flavor and deliciousness.
Have you seen or even tasted a more flavorful bruschetta?
Their awesome oil and vinegar thing-a-ma-jig.
I forgot what I ordered but it was all some of the best Italian I've ever had. Even the "side of pasta w/ red sauce" was some of the best pasta I've ever had let alone the main part of the entree being amazing.
Leo went w/ the traditional lasagna and it was quite different and yummy. Rose and I agree that it was sweet similar to the way Filipino spaghetti is.
Typing this post is making me hungry. Needless to say this spot was awesome and an amazing experience to try. Glad to have come here w/ Rose and Leo!
www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: