Saturday, August 27, 2011

Alvinisms 1293

"Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath."

-Jacob Braude

Thought of the day: Even though they added a few extra songs that threw me off, added a few different scenes and left out a bunch of the story I still loved the Mary Poppins musical. To add to it's awesomeness I was joined by one of my best friends Jenny who took me out to dinner beforehand. Then the night continued w/ a lot of screaming and yelling at the Shout House topped off w/ a house party in Mira Mesa. Needless to say it was a long fun day, and I'd do it all over again ASAP.

This movie grew on me when my first grade teacher Ms. Ruiz had us learn many of the songs and ever since then it's been my favorite movie ever since. Plus I always thought Julie Andrews was hot, and thought I wanted to marry a prim and proper lady. Maybe not the later so much anymore but you gotta admit, Julie in the original movie is pretty bangin.

Food for thought:


Chocolate consomme, flexible chocolate, frozen mousse, flourless cake, peanut butter powder. Say what!?!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


My date for the night, Miss China aka Jenny.

The other spot we wanted to eat at didn't take reservations so we got a seat at Arrivederci to guarantee we'd be on time for our show.

The ambiance here is nice.

Mushrooms topped w/ bread crumb greatness!
I ordered the Linguine Mediterraneo: Linguine pasta with clams, mussels, shrimp in white. Holy schmollee Batman I've found a winner!

Jenny ordered the rigatoni picanti: Rigatoni with Italian sausages, bell peppers, mushrooms in a spicy tomato sauce. Don't you love it when the sauce and cheese fill these suckers in.

I clean up well.

After a glass of wine each we had to say, "arrivederci" and head on out to the show.

Last time we both were here was for dance competitions.

Edwin's going gathering at Downtown Johnny Browns!

4 life.

You can tell where we were sitting, it's the one w/ beer cups underneath of course.

Had to get seats on the rail, like in the movie theaters. Ain't not chance a tall person would get in the way.

You might remember this gem that I bought years ago but lost. So.....

I got home w/ this beautiful and exciting blue box filled with...

You got it! Another Mary Poppins flying umbrella.

I find it weird that a grown ass man's favorite movie is a kids movie. Hey, at least I'm honest.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: