Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Alvinisms 1286

"First you have to learn the rules, then you have to play by the rules. Then you have to win by the rules, only then can you change the rules."

-Lyn St. James

Thought of the day: After 2 failed attempts to check out Art In The Streets I decided to just do it on my own. Success! Then my Mama Vette met me up for some legendary Philippe's in Los Angeles and we decided to go back and take another gander at the exhibit. Though I didn't get to spend a day w/ more friends and do some stuff in LA because it was a Sunday, I'm glad I got to finally check out Art In The Streets, and it was totally worth it.

I took a bunch of pictures of pieces I liked, things I remembered, odd things, but I just can't capture all that was really there and what kind of talent and radness could come from quote unquote "street art." So Imma have to break this down into two posts since there's a bunch from artists like: Neckface, Haze, Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Estevan Oriol, Space Invader, Keith Haring, Futura, Spike Jonze, Craig Stecyk and many more. Enjoy!

Food for thought:

Sweet and savory Southern-style baked beans with bacon, brown sugar and barbecue sauce. I love me some beans and bacon.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz
















































Spell your name out.

A

L

V

I

N

I have a similar project I'm working on.





www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: