Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alvinisms 1274

"That best portion of a good man's life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love."

-William Wordsworth (1770 - 1850)

Did you know: This is my last "Did you know."

Thought of the day: Dang, I spent a long time on my trip to Portland. But man, honestly.....It was such a good experience to travel w/ my closest friends, and do something bananas everyday, learn about my own country and not worry about much international trouble, etc. It was refreshing, new, it made me appreciate many different things. Life goes on, and I'm back on the job (which I love) and we'll see where the wind blows next.

Food for thought:

Chilorio - slowly simmered, spiced pork on crispy corn tortilla topped with a fried fresh egg. I'm hungry just looking at it.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Good bye Portland and heeeellooooooo Clackamas!

Still waters.

You can snowboard at Mt. Hood all year long.

Eddie couldn't make it because he had to work on his art show.

There's a first time for everything!

Here we go! Easy going at first.

First taste of fun.

Cliff jumping time.

Rose and Ellen did it, I'll admit I wussed out on this one.

Rafting is officially something I want to do at any opportunity.

Good job Mr. Photographer.

It's crazy how after each set of rapids there's an area of calm water.


See us on top?

We were trippin cuz we'd get smashed in the face w/ tons of water and expected salter water (being from San Diego) but it was completely fresh and clean!

This is where I went jumping, you had to clear some rocks though.

About to hit a big one.

So we're supposed to be on the side of the raft.

Oh wait, where'd we go?

Survived w/ no one falling out.

We once hit a wave and a huge rock at the same time and lost our guide, Kylen.

We drifted w/ the other rafts yelling at us what to do.

Trust game in one of the the calmer areas.

Tried it w/ Ellen and Rose. Fail.

I like how calm the water is but in the foreground you can see the rapids picking up.

Back to more fun.

Bahahaha! Push! Push! Push! Go! Go! Go! Forward! Forward! Forward!

Whoa, my side either really dipped in and we lost Rose too or we fell into the middle.

Oh wait, there goes Ellen.

Fall in w/ a smile yo!

This isn't us, but at the end of the trip we "popped a wheelie" and did the same thing.

So fun!








We had the smallest and lightest boat, but that made it for more fun!





Alvinism, Ellen, Kylen, and Rose.

This picture doesn't do him justice, but that guy was Conan O'Brien's doppelganger.

We went and saved the best for last. Awesome trip ending w/ rafting, can't believe we did so much.

Home sweet home. Who knew the last night would be one of the randomest. Last post later.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: