Sunday, March 20, 2011

Alvinisms 1209

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."

-James A. Froude (1818 - 1894)

Did you know: There is as much ice on Antarctica as there is water in the Atlantic Ocean.

Thought of the day: I just ran the San Diego Mud Run and it was sooo awesome. I'm pooped so I won't be writing much. You can see my review on it on YELP. Then add me as a friend so I can become and Elite! Thanks.

Food for thought:

Middle Eastern spiced ground lamb flatbread with toasted pine nuts, fet, green peppercorns and parsley.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Saturday morning it's Iditarod time! Prolly one of the coldest temperatures I've been in.

I am here!


And there were people lining the streets and up buildings.

Newton Marshall the Jamaican musher, trained under Lance Mackey, saying wassup to the crowd.

And the only guy dancing on a dogsled.

And Lance Mackey, the person who peaked my interest in Alaska. I recommend you hear his story.

With the dogs in the back. We're here.

Fur Auction drawing in some crowds.

Each of these coats cost at least $1000.

Staging area.

Some dogs were super chill.

Some were just down right crazy!

After the start of the race Drew and I hit up Snow Goose/Sleeping Lady Brewhouse but it wasn't open yet so we went to Pioneer. Hahaha. Rad place.

At Pioneer we had a few drinks then went back for some grub.Check out the ancient cigarette machine!

Grilled Alaskan salmon blackened and seared to perfection atop a fresh baguette piled high w/ lettuce, tomato, red onion and lemon caper aioli.

Sleeping Lady Brewing Company’s Golden Ale beer-battered, hand-cut chicken strips. Served with either honey mustard or tossed in our signature Buffalo Sauce and accompanied by celery, carrots and bleu cheese dressing.

John Henry Oatmeal Stout.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: