Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Alvinisms 1207

"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog."

-Jack London (1876 - 1916)

Did you know: The world’s lowest temperature, -128.6 degrees Fahrenheit, was recorded in Antarctica in 1983.

Thought of the day: Crickets...

Food for thought:

Nutella and vanilla cheesecake layer bars w/ chocolate graham cracker crust. Read it again, look again, drool. And repeat.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


So the day I left for Alaska I should have been done packing. Instead I went for a hike w/ Ernesto.

Then packed. Turned out fine.

In the end we found a little pow wow spot.

Had to be potheads cuz there was mad snacks all around.

Bringing in good karma for my trip! We cleaned up.

Thanks for picking me up Jenny! Labyu!

We found ourselves in OB...

Surrounded my the most amazing desserts I've ever seen.

TV menus? Awesome.

I'm not a huge dessert guy but everything here looked on point! Great idea Jenny!

Dear God yes...Turron de Havana: Hazelnut praline crunch, milk chocolate mousse - chocolate hazelnut glaze, and choco puffs.


I love crunchy stuff! Sooo good! Pierce is you're reading this Jenny and I are coming!

Our little Cuban Pastry hole in the wall.

If you yelp, add me. And don't forget to give this spot (and Willys Workshop) 5 stars.

Mojito cookies!?! Delicious and refreshing at the same time.

I forget sometimes...

Cinco Leches: Almond cake soaked in five different milks, topped with a dulce de leche glaze and sugar crusted almonds. I could eat this everyday.

I'm a carnivore. I needed meat so I got the Cubano: Slow roasted Cuban style pork, thinly sliced ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, pickles.

Heffers take pictures of their food. Even if it's like their 50th time at the same spot (ie Tajima or Crab Hut).

Here we go!

Sky Mall is the best. I wonder if it's for entertainment or if businesses really make money. Cuz don't we all need something to help train our cats to use the toilet.

Or Bigfoot in our yard.

Or how bout a zombie crawling out of the yard, a life sized Easter Island statue or because we're all Egyptian, another life sized Anubis statue.

But for the right price, I'd actually buy this chair.

Finally in Alaska Drew and I were too tired to go out after finding our hotel after an hour. Screw ordering pizza delivery at 3am. We could get sandwiches the size of my arm whenever!

Put me to sleep real good.

I finished a book about surfing on the plane and chose to leave it somewhere in Alaska for someone to find. Maybe one day they'll take the trip to San Diego (where the book starts) and find something new to love the way I did w/ Alaska. It's kinda emo but who cares.


www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: