Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Alvinisms 1084

"One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else."

-Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

Did you know: Velcro was invented by a Swiss guy who was inspired by the way burrs attached to clothing.

Thought of the day: This morning I streamed the USA vs Algeria World Cup match in our class room and many of my kids were totally into it. To my surprise many of them knew what was going on and the importance of the game.

When Donovan scored the goal our whole class was jumping, high fiving, and cheering. Seeing them all so happy and celebrating together was well worth the few minutes to watch.

The only time I remember listening or watching current media in my classroom was in 6th grade when we listened in for the verdict of the OJ Simpson. It was a weird feeling cuz my teacher wanted the other outcome. I'm glad these kids have a much happier memory now.

Food for thought:

Buttermilk pancakes w/ blueberry maple syrup and fresh blueberries.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Happy birthday to Angela at the Shout House.

Ildi and Bryan taking care of the drunk one.

TGPM crew.

Say dueling piantists 3 times fast out loud.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: