Sunday, June 20, 2010

Alvinisms 1082

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

-Albert Pine

Did you know: When Marco Polo returned to Italy, from China in 1295, he brought back a recipe (among other things). The recipe, was a Chinese recipe for a desert called "Milk Ice." However, Europeans substituted cream for the milk, and voila..."Ice Cream." Ice cream has been a hit ever since!

Thought of the day: I have absolutely no business in trying to make cheese fondue. But my crazy ass said eff it and tried to do it anyway for Rochelle's going away potluck at the school. Yes it appeared to be a big failure and it took waaaay to much time. But upon tasting it, I was very happy w/ the potential it showed and that I had tried something I've never even had before.

I looked at over 12 recipes online, read tips on what to do if something happens, watched plenty of youtube videos on how to do it correctly; but you know what. Sometimes you just gotta experience things for yourself and yeah it's not skydiving, but I took my own plunge and it wasn't pretty but I feel like I came out on top, and that's much more worth it.

Food for thought:

German chocolate cake.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


If and when this R2D2/C3PO ghetto blaster and headphones ever come out. I want one! Or two!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: