Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alvinisms 1078

"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

-William Ernest Henley (1849 – 1902) (via Willy)

Did you know: The firmer the fat, the less sliced bacon will curl as it cooks.

Thought of the day: Lets recap of how and when I lost/broke my Canon PNS cameras.

Camera #1) Lost it in New Orleans after a very drunk night w/ my friends on Bourbon Street. Woke up to find out a bunch of us lost a bunch of things that night, hahahaha!

Camera #2) Broken after eating Tajima and slamming in the car door thinking it was Richard's foot in there. I kept saying, "Rich, get your foot out the door!" Then he said, "It's inside dude." And in my head I say, "Oh crap."

Camera #3) Lost after a night at U-31 and eating tacos, but I remember seeing it in my truck the next day. So there is still hope it's somewhere in my room or I dropped it in the bushes and someone took it.

Camera #4) My 4th camera was actually an underwater Olympus camera. After about 2 weeks of shooting w/ it I got fed up w/ the shutter lag and the quality of the video so I bought another camera.

Camera #5) Broke my new Canon 1400is on my road trip to the Bay. It still worked, just the lens wouldn't close, but I took it in because I had insurance anyway. They chose to replace it.

Camera #6) Water damage (actually Hennessy damage) and broken screen thanks to Jomo at House of Blues. So the last broken one wasn't my fault! But, luckily I have insurance again so, just had to wait 1.5 weeks for a new one

Camera #7) TBD.

Food for thought:

Lamb with ancho & guajillo chiles, roasted garlic, cumin, and black beans.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz



My last one lasted only 1 month.

Anyone need a spare charger for a Canon PNS?

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: