Monday, April 26, 2010

Alvinisms 1055

"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."

-John Wooden (1910 - )

Did you know: "Tajima" is one of the types of black Wagyu cattle in Japan.

Thought of the day: Hmmm...Thinking of this quote makes me think if I've ever really done something that meaningful in a while.

One moment I remember going all the way back to National City days was when I was like in 1st or 2nd grade and I was sitting next to a mentally challenged guy in church (St. Michaels). He kept looking through the book for the page we were on and I helped him out. When he saw we were all on the same page (I don't know if he could read or not) he stood up and shouted, "YAAAAY!!!" during the sermon.

At first I was shocked or scared or elated, not sure. But everyone around him seemed so happy to see him so happy to be on the same page as the congregation. I could only imagine how happy he was. Now that I think about it, I hope he's doing well today.

And you too.

Food for thought:

Siopao w/ the red dot and that gravy! Hell yes!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


So a few of my coworkers and I have these "food passports" and one of the places we had to eat was at the Chicken Pie Shop in North Park.

I don't eat pot pies often so it was delicious to me.

But you know I love me some chocolate pie!

A few of us went to the Earth Fair at Balboa Park where we found a bocce league or something.

So many green people!

You know I had to get mine after his.

Cheryl, Bryan, Ildi and Allan later joined for the festivities at Earth Fair.

Giant turtles at the park!?!

I forgot to take a picture of my favorite part! Astronaut Ice Cream!!!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: