Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alvinisms 1036

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't."

-Pete Seeger

Did you know: Wombats are only native to Australia yet most Australians have never seen one.

Thought of the day: Fishing is something I wish I really had the time and money to invest into. Technically I could ditch a lot of the hobbies I like or the random purchases I've made but I'm content w/ the fishing I do get to do. Now only if YOU TIM, SPRIGLE, AND STEVE don't forget to call me for the hiking, fishing excursions I'd be set!

Food for thought:

Double cheese meatball sandwich on bagel, with black bean chili Sauce, olive oil, mozzarella and Pecorino Romano cheeses

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


I don't find myself in this situation very often.

This looks like a scene from a movie.

Friends in the dark.

Speeding off into nowhere.

Light starting to peak just in time for sardines.

Imagine how much bait is in here.

This was my first time trying the "yo-yo fishing" method. Big jig.

Good bye USA, off to Mexican waters!

Gaffers can look really scary.

One of the biggest catches of the day.

Beers on boat are cheap! Happy birthday James!

That's what I like to see.

Weapon of choice.

We caught tons of Vermillion Rockfish, ones like this were too small and had to be tossed back.

They have the coolest eyes though! BUGGIN OUT!

This one was huge! Almost 2 feet!

Alan wanted the big haul but all he got were some whitefish.

Remember the big fish in the beginning? Amanda came up large!

That island is covered in poop.

Josh trying to feed the birds sardines.

They left him a little tip on his hand.

James was the only one of us who caught a yellowtail.

It didn't win the jackpot but the story that comes along w/ it is priceless.

My only keepers were 2 decent sized whitefish and a rock fish.

Next month!?!

Got home and went straight to work.

Thanks Jeanine for the flavors!

Gonna get some raw fish here. See you!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.orgy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn lucky. when i went last summer we only caught sculpin (that spiny fish). not a single yellowtail!