Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alvinisms 1021

"Language exerts hidden power, like a moon on the tides."

-Rita Mae Brown

Did you know: In 1898 "Pepsi-Cola" is invented by Caleb Bradham.

Thought of the day: You'll notice a big disparity between the book I just finished and the book I'm about to read. Why? Because I have a very large span of interests. If you look in my closest you'll find books about hiking in Colorado to Barry Bond's Game of Shadows. Which reminds me I still have to read that one.

As for my first book, The Five Love Languages of Children, I found it pretty insightful and an easy read. Like many of the things I encounter I only take what I can use and try to get the most of what it offers. There is some reference to religion in the book but its not what I'll be trying to use. What I did get from the book is that kids and us all receive love differently. And if you can find out what it is or combination then you can show love much more efficiently.

For example, I'm not much of a gifts person. Someone can shower me w/ gifts and another can want to go bodyboarding a few times a week w/ me. I'd feel more love from one than the other just by who I am and not by the value of there offerings.

Anyhow, the book goes into detail about what they are, how they can be shown, how to determine what a child's love language is, etc. I find it helpful and hopefully all my kids know even more how much I love them.

As for the other book, who doesn't like sleep? Now I just hope that it makes my sleep better. Maybe it's like the kamasutra of sleep!

Food for thought:

Portobello Mushroom Burger With Roquefort Cheese And Horseradish Mayo On Bed Of Pea Sprouts

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz



www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: