Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alvinisms 1009

"It's not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours."

-Sam Ewing

Did you know: Helen Keller was the first deaf and blind person to earn a college degree. She graduated from Radcliffe College, with honors, in 1904.

Thought of the day: I've always wanted to go to Monster Jam to see monster trucks. Maybe it's the little kid in me that was always in awe when looking at them that draws me. Or maybe I'm just fascinated at how much power is needed to move those bad boys and how much punishment they can take. Either way I'm glad I got to finally see it and even better w/ fun folks.

There were people rednecked out for the event and we were bummed we didn't dress up. So now we have 2 events we have to go all out for: Midnight Madness and Monster Jam. Let's go Gang Green!

Food for thought:

Cheesy Wiener: Bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with a pork sausage cheese dip and diced jalepenos.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Monster Jam Crew: Christine, Drew, Angela, Ren, Laurel, Juli, Natalie, and Matt.

In this corner...

And in this corner!!!...

Ya'll are dead meat.

This was IRONMAN's first appearance ever.

This is one of the few times I'm at Qualcomm when it's not a football game.

And no tailgating. But McGregors was still great!

I love us!

It must be nice to always be the favorite.

It was a really cold night.

I didn't that they did a demolition/race! Its was one of the highlights.

Wreckage is what we all really look for.

And there was plenty to go around.

I'm guessing that's why they picked janky cars instead of dope rally cars to race.

Cuz you might get T-boned like a mutha. We got crashes! Check #1

Storm trooper sighting.

Let the monster truck freestyle begin!

TMNT was first.

We got fire! Check #2

Monster Mutt was one of my favorites. And it's driven by a woman!

Can you believe it didn't roll over!?!

Ironman had one of the longest jumps of the night. IT WAS RAD!

Is that the duck from "Duck Hunt" on the hood?

Check "see Grave Digger" off my bucket list.

Highlight of the night coming right up.

It pretty much got vertical.

Crash landing. But it was sooo sick to watch.

And we got the flip. Check #3

Till next time! See you Saturday!!!

No comments: