Sunday, December 21, 2008

Alvinisms 681

"The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it."

-Bill Nye

Did you know: My favorite movie in the whole world is Mary Poppins.

Thought of the day: I remember how I started this year. I went fishing at Oceanside w/ my Soulmate, Justin, (no homo) and it was just so ill to relax, do something I love, have a great friend w/ me, and an all around perfect way to start the year.

Now here we are nearing the end of 2008 and I couldn't be happier. This year has been a trying, growing, insightful, spontaneous, delightful, accomplished, copacetic, nostalgic, and so much more year. With all that's going on in my life right now, I can honestly say I feel pretty good and very much fulfilled.

So I want to say thank you to all the friends for making this year what it was and what it is. 2009 is gonna start w/ some good will (anyone else wanna feed the homeless on new year's day?) and then flying out to Egypt. Hopefully Rich and I will be able to touch Antarctica and I'm defs gonna learn some new craft. Who knows what fun fruit roll-up of life will we roll up w/ next! God bless and take care my friends. Have a Merry Xmas from Alvin Glen.

Food for thought:

Shrimp in Sherry-Garlic Sauce

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Saturday morning I woke up and went for a bike ride around my neighborhood before hitting up a new trail my boss showed me.

Check out these jumps. These aren't even the big like 10-20 foot table top and gap jumps near the top of the hill. Road bikes are cool but I'm a dirty kid. So this is more up my alley.

The last jump is hella steep, you get shot up pretty damn high. Too rich for my blood.

You better sack up or else you're gonna get fucked up on some of them.

Look at the boxes full of liquor left from my bday. Now I know why everyone blacked out and were throwing up.

I picked up Nanners and we ate at "Bread on Market" and spotted "The Local Hero" busy at work.

Roast beef and all its heavenly goodness. Foccacia bread is soo damn dank on sandwiches.

Nans had the turkey, and even though Im not a huge turkey fan, the bread makes is so good. It's all about the bread. After shocking Hamster of the Wildboyz and Mr. Keith Marzo w/ random Motley Crue facts it was off for more adventures.

Mt. Soledad was packed so we had to park down the street and walk up. The sun came out for us to play. Literally. We played a little soccer.

I spy La Jolla and Scripps. Can't wait for my board to be fixed again.

I like this picture. A lot.

We had time to kill so on the way we visited Seal Beach. "They look like big slugs."

Ladies and gentlemen...a slug.

There were hella people out and about. Take my hand so you don't get lost!

If you're wondering where Nanners and I were going. It was my student's, Lily, piano recital. Showing the kids that they are more than just a student can go a long way. I'm very proud of you Lily.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: