Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Alvinisms 396

"We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are."

-Tobias Wolff

Did you know: Snowboarding made its Olympics debut in Nagano, Japan in 1998. It returned to the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City with 2 events, the halfpipe and parallel giant slalom.

Thought of the day: Post Christmas equals a quickie trip to Snow Summit w/ Apreezy, Steve, Erwin, Orrie and I. It was a fun quick trip that ended up in a small disaster for me.

It started off all fun w/ small jumps but at the bottom of one run there was spine that banked on the left. I never take spines that way. But for some reason I tried to get crazy air and overshot the bank and ended up on the flats...and on my arm and stomach. My left arm knocked all the wind out of me and I stood up and could not breath regularly for like a minute. After putting my hands on my head and just standing there my breaths became regular again. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "Shit, did I just break a rib? Good thing I have insurance now" But yeah, it was probably one of the if not THE worst spill I've taken.

Now that I'm home and all the adrenaline is gone, my left side of is numb and in some pain. Thank you to April who gave me 800 ml of Motrin to ease this awful feeling.

But you know what; in conjunction w/ the quote of the day. Even though I couldn't breath right and was partially numb and in pain I still rode a couple more runs and did a few more jumps w/ the crew cuz if I didn't I'd end up being scared the next time around. Ollie and I are already planning to go next week so if you wanna roll holla at ya boyz! Peace. Love. Faith.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Yeah, we're getting old and we need to stretch before we do anything.

Even the ball of energy Chimchan needs to reach for the toes.

Oh yeah, thats hot.

Thermals are the new Evisus.

Don't stare too hard! Hahahaha! These are still Mammoth pics.

www.alvinisms.blogspot.com
www.wbz4life.com
www.mavyn.com
www.willysantos.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: