Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Alvinisms 234

"Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can."

-Elsa Maxwell

Thought of the day: I wanted to start something where every now and then I get a guest blog so that you don't always end up reading my same ol thoughts or what going on in my same ol brain. So I may ask you to send me a couple random thoughts for a guest blog or feel free to send me what you think. We'll see how this turns out. Otay!!! Hope everyone had a great New Years!!! Peace. Love. Faith.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

-Abutu it is...

“I play for keeps!”

THIS IS A GUEST BLOG ENTRY BY EDWIN.

As I delivered a blitzkrieg of pawns towards a gallant defense of Kimtan’s front line, I was countered by a crafty jab by the ebony bishops of Mr Bui’s entourage. Between the deaths of my pawns, I was greeted by Kimtan’s quirky antics. Speaking half English and half Jedi, he used the force to bring me to an early defeat. Lesson learned: Don’t play chess against the prince of Vietnam.

New Years Eve was great. Nothing is better than sharing times like these with your closest friends. I hope 2007 will be good for you and yours. Always stay honest and content with the simple things in life.

Here are some videos that I think you’d like.

Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads
– This song is an amazing piece by TH. For Local Hero readers, this song was an inspiration for The Album Leaf’s Into the Blue Again. I wish more music videos now are made this way. Every video on MTV seems to be an extension of the video it proceeds. Bleh. Boo MTV!

Rickey’s Theme by the Beastie Boys
– This song exemplifies why the Beastie Boys deserve so much more credit than they get. They play instruments! Originally a punk band in the 80’s, they epitomize the early assimilation of punk/hip-hop/weirdo subcultures, with provided foundation for a lot of what is happening today in youth consumer culture.

Ray Barbee
– Look at this guy go. Such amazing style. Do you comply? Or No comply? Not only does he rip on thee ole board, He’s an awesome musician. I watched him play last week alongside with the Matson 2. A-MAY-ZING!

WORD!

+++


This is at our 9th Annual Christmas Party. Me and my preschool best buddy Edwin...and yes in the middle is the real Fatcho in person!!!!

watch the video on www.fatcholibre.com and feel free to sign the guestbook and show some love yo!!!!

Have you voted for Ollie's shirts lately? If you haven't, now's your chance!

http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/Comps/CompLeaders.aspx?sctid=100019

All 3 of his designs are in the top 25!

http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/Comps/CompLeaders.aspx?sctid=100019

This is Ollie's Miami Vice design, it's my favorite. But the movie Miami Vice is not my favorite. Collin Ferrell or whatever is bad and look like a sleez. Ha!

www.wbz4life.com
www.mavyn.com
www.willysantos.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: