Saturday, December 10, 2011

Alvinisms 1329

"Never judge a book by its movie."

-J. W. Eagan

Thought of the day: So while on this trip there was a lac of internet and phones which is just fine by me. One thing besides conversing w/ like-minded individuals that I also enjoyed was having all the time I wanted to read. In fact I didn't have enough time to read all the books I would've liked! But here's a brief synopsis of the ones I did get to finish.

Oh yeah. Happy birthday to myself and Meaghan.

Food for thought:
Pizza lasagna with Italian sausage, mushrooms, spinach, onions and pepperoni.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

This is my 10 book I've read by James Patterson and it was a nice change from the usual kind of murder/mysteries he writes since it was placed way in the past. Upon reading the back I was unsure of the book but as always, Patterson pulls through with a great story.
I picked this book up at the Book-Off for $1. It was probably the best $1 I've ever spent. Classic Cross and classic Patterson, I'm currently reading Double Cross.
This book is takes place in Iceland so friggin all the names are hella crazy to read and pronounce but the story was still radical. A nice twist at the end and a definite page turner. Not sure if I'll be picking up many more Indridason books but I'm glad I ran into this one.
This is one of those books that I've always heard of and wanted to read but never came around to. So glad I finally picked it up. As I carried it around the ship people told me stories of it and even how it changed some of their lives. It's not very long and the chapters are short making it an easy read. I'm sure some of you can finish it in one sitting.
One of my favorite books I've ever read. I love Tina Fey and this book is written like she's talking to you and you can just hear her humor in the words you read. It's honest, funny, sarcastic, and I found myself purposefully stopping so I didn't finish it too fast. If you're wondering what I want for Xmas or my bday, here's your winner.
This is a story of an Antarctic explorer that's a bit overseen but a man undoubtedly invaluable. His story, the things he endured, the risks he too save the lives of men, and everything between the covers is incredible. This is another book that I have have a hard copy of. Its funny how Laurel's mom heard of my trip and made sure I got the book to read. It made all my horrible 12 hour layovers seem like luxury suites and put into perspective what kind of a lush life we live.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.us/

No comments: