Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alvinisms 1264

"What we hope ever to do with ease we may learn first to do with diligence."

-Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Did you know: Portland has more strip clubs, per capita, than any other city in this country.

Thought of the day: Now that my Portland/Canada trip is done I can really focus on my Antarctica trip which is coming up in 4 months. It's already completely paid for but its just spending cash that I'm trying to rack up.

No biggie right? Well, put it this way. On our cruise to Cabo for 5 days I had a $400 alcohol bill. Now 14 days in the Drake Passage and Antarctica w/ less to do? I better find something quick!

Food for thought:

S'mores cupcake ice cream sandwiches; chocolate cupcake, marshmallow ice cream and graham cracker crusts. Holy crap, three of my favorite sweets put together!?!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Edwin's last day of work (and it's a halfie) so the girls and I entertain ourselves w/ none other than.....

Another food pod and food carts!

Nuff said.

Chips? Fries? Whatever it was, it was great w/ their "trashy sauce".

I forgot to mention this was our pre-breakfast snack.



Are we hungry? Not so much because we already ate.

Are we still gonna order more? You betcha!

At Slappy Cakes you pick your own batter and toppings. I believe we picked apples, strawberries, bananas, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and whipped cream.

Then you make your own however you like!

Hooters colors threw me off a bit.


Does that say bacon fat hollandaise!?! Dangit, we never got to come back and try.

Now, where to next?

We found a downtown Portland that's much more modern that the Portland we mostly explored. But I prefer the older spots because there was better food.

Girls went off on their own while I went shopping. Did I really just type that? But it's true. They have a Mountain Hardwear store that's only in Oregon and Washington and I needed a parka for Antarctica.

I found it! And the girls again.

Pioneer Square is pretty rad, they show movies to the public on Tuesdays.

It's like middle school/high school Star Shots or Excel.

Whoa super serious. Take it easy.

Bahahahaha, I'm one to talk.

Picked up Eddie and time to go on another adventure w/ the WBZ and WGZ! See you next Alvinism!

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.gppr.info/

No comments: