Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alvinisms 797

"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."

-Steve Prefontaine

Did you know: My goal at Miramar Lake is to never be passed by any runner.

Thought of the day: When I run Miramar or anywhere it's always a pretty fast pace. Like my "did you know" says, I never want to be passed by another runner. And I never have. It makes me wonder if I'll be able to maintain a fast pace if and when I do a marathon.

Does this mean I have to learn to speed down? That's just not my style of jogging/running. When running around the neighborhood and come up on a hill I don't slow down much and maintain a lot of my speed and cadence. I guess we'll all see.

Food for thought:

I think we all have an extra stomach for ice cream.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz


Last year was fun, so should this year. Pro skaters, Cooper Wilt and Chad Fernandez, also cruised through; therefore, you should too.

Who is that following me?

It's Allan and his new throwback fixed gear. He's a beast on that thing.

I'll stick to riding dirty.

But his shizz is legit yo!

Erwin met up w/ his collection of thousand dollar bikes.

2 bikers and 1 runner makes for a game of "Try and Pass Me Twice."

I just finished this movie and loved it. Some may think otherwise but let me tell you why Imma buy this. One, Adam Sandler acts regular & funny at the same time. Two, I like the story of struggle and strength. Three, there's a lot of great looking food. Four, I love Spanish accents. Five, Paz Vega is hot. Six, it makes you wanna work hard. Seven, it's emo like me.

www.alvinisms.com
www.willysantos.com
www.segue-mag.com
www.hoeyinc.com
www.mavyn.com
www.tmdance.org

No comments: