Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Alvinisms 401

Oh my God. The craziest thing just happened to me, I think this is what happens in Serendipity or something but it nuts. So I lost a check my aunt gave to me 6 days ago on my way to work at MM Workshop. Even as Fatch cuz I was asking if anyone saw it but to no avail. So I gave up and just moved on seeing that it was a gift and I never expected it in the first place.

So New Year's comes along and I'm am way over it. Now, last night here in 4S Ranch the winds were blowing up to like 40+ mph and I could hear trash cans and stuff falling over and it was almost scary. Jumping, screaming, and having dinner w/ the parents on New Year's was really nice and made me forget that hurricane 07 was right outside the door.

This morning the wind has died down but still stronger than usual. What do I do this morning but study for 2 hours and have brunch w/ my mom and dad. A little different than the norm since I was more productive and spent more time w/ the parents. As I go outside to my truck I look on the ground to see a piece of paper. Already I have a inkling of what it is and I start laughing to myself. As I pick it up, I am laughing out loud now and smiling like I won a million bucks. It musta been what Earl felt like when he won the scratcher in "My Name Is Earl". I held it up just like him. What a feeling it was.

So after 6 days, sprinklers, streets, and a whole storm later the check I lost gently found its way right in front of me waving in the wind. Thank you God for the small but great gift. Maybe you're wondering if the check was for a lot huh? Its the best $20 check I've ever received...twice. Peace. Love. Faith. <------FAITH IS THE SHIZZ!!

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

No comments: